BRITISH AND RUSSIAN SCHOOLS
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. Aristotle
- is to find differences and similarities in education in Russia and the UK
In the UK, there is a system of free education, which can be received by any child, regardless of nationality, race and social status of his parents. Along with free there are also private, paid educational institutions.
School education in England includes two modules:
Primary – for children aged 4 to 11 years (up to 7 years-in the school for toddlers (NurserySchool) , and from 7 to 11 years-in the Junior school).Secondary – for children from 11 to 16 years.
There are three main types of lower secondary schools:
- « « grammar schools » « modern schools » « unified" schools » составляющими.
- The Sources
- of Information
-Printed and electronic books, student's books, -The Internet, -Dictionaries, -Our teacher in English
The Academic Year September, 1 -
Early July the end of May
3 terms - 4 terms
Foreign Language Age: 11(12) 6-8 Languages 1) French 1) English 2) German, 2) German, Spanish, 3) French Russian
Curriculum Subjects core : English, 3 components: Maths, Science - federal 2) foundation: - regional Foreign Language, - school Art, Music (Economics, 3) non-statutory: Ecology) Sex education 4) for choice
- 1) at 16 – 1) at 14 -
- GCSE exams (Maths, State Total English, Science) + Attestation +
- half GCSE (Foreign traditional exam
- Technology) 2) at 17 - USE
- 2) at 18 –
- A-Level exams
Every boy or girl must get secondary education. They go to school at the age of six or seven and must stay there until they are 14-17 years old. At school pupils study academic subjects.
- After finishing the 9th form of a secondary school young people can continue their education in the 10th and 11th form. They can also go to a vocation or technical school, where they study academic subjects and receive a profession.
- English and Russian boys and girls go to a secondary school from 11 till 16 years old. They don’t go to school on Saturdays and Sundays.
- One can attend modern schools, but pupils don’t learn foreign languages at such schools.
- If pupils go to grammar schools they will have a good theoretical secondary education. The other secondary is a comprehensive school .
Education in our country is free at most schools.
Types of school in Russia
- primary school
- secondary school
- The first private schools, gymnasiums and lyceums, have already been
- founded in Moscow and St. Petersburg, in an attempt to revive the pre-1917 traditionals of Russian educational system with its high standards of excellence.
- Secondary education is mandatory in Russia.
- Children start school at the age of 6 and finish at 17.
- There are also “special” schools
- thank you for your attention